Bradford is situated in West Yorkshire, England. It turned into a city precinct in 1847, and got its contract as a city in 1897. Following the local government change in 1974, city status was offered to the more extensive metropolitan precinct.
Very much a part of the West Riding of Yorkshire, Bradford rose to notice amid the nineteenth century as an international destination of textile manufacture, especially fleece. Bradford was a boom-town of the Industrial Revolution, and quickly turning into the fleece or wool capital of the world.
The textile segment in the city fell into decay from the mid-twentieth century. Since this time, the city has developed as a vacationer destination, turning into the main UNESCO City of Film with attractions, for example, the National Media Museum and Cartwright Hall.
POPULATION OF BRADFORD IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Bradford in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –524,600
- 2013 –526,900
- 2014 –528,150
- 2015 –529,570
- 2016 – 530,980
Taking a look at the population of Bradford from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 6380 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 1276. Hence, the population of Bradford in 2017 is forecasted to be 530,980 + 1276 = 532,256. So, the population of Bradford in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 532,256.
Bradford Population 2017 – 532,256(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF BRADFORD:
At the 2011 UK insights, the city had a population of 522,452 or similar. There were about 106,680 families in the city and the population density was 4,560 inhabitants per square kilometer. For every 100 females, there were 92.9 males. The city has the most young, fastest growing population outside London. The census showed that of its total population, 67.44% was White, 27% Asian, 3% Mixed Race, 1.77% Black and 1.48% from various races.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF BRADFORD:
It has a population density of 139.7 persons per square kilometer. The 2011 census results show that the number of occupants in Yorkshire turned out to be slow than the typical average over England and Wales around 2001 and 2011, extending by 6% from 4,977,000 to 5,284,000. In any case, one city kept away from the pattern and that is Bradford. Here, there has been a gigantic augmentation in the formally recorded population since the year 2001, with a rising of 11% to 522,500. The elucidation misrepresentations not simply with advancing high rates of growth from Pakistan and Bangladesh, also with the far higher abundance rate of the inhabitant population beginning in these parts of the subcontinent.
FACTS ABOUT BRADFORD:
- Express gratitude toward Bradford for rainbow wipe and lumpy custard – the UK’s first state-supported meals were served up at a Bradford elementary school in 1906 in light of kids collapsing due to hunger.
- The city is buzzing around a gigantic new Westfield opening up, however the mall that the citizens are truly excited up for is being housed in an as of late rediscovered system of subterranean tunnels underneath the City Hall known as the Sunbridge Wells.
- In the year 2013, while numerous nationals were having a fun trip to Wembley with Bradford City, the city was kept safe by a bloke in a Batman suit. West Yorkshire police showed the footage of the Bradford Batman, submitting a thievery suspect at the central police headquarters. Stunning.
- It is a city synonymous with great curry, which is the reason it’s been delegated as the Curry Capital of the UK three years in succession.
- Bradford is very well known for urban girt – factory chimneys and excellent Victorian structures stick into the skyline.