Chelmsford is the key settlement of the City of Chelmsford and the district town of Essex, in England. Its population comprises of an extensive number of city and docklands workers, pulled in by the 30–35 minute distance from Central London by means of the Great Eastern Main Line.
It is at the geographic and political focal point of Essex and has been the region town since the year 1215. It is the area of the central station of Essex County Council at County Hall and the base camp of Chelmsford City Council. Initially a horticultural and business sector town, Chelmsford has been a critical place for industry since the nineteenth century. After the opening of the Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation in the year 1797, less expensive transportation and crude materials made processing and malting the primary businesses until the 1850s, while expanding thriving made a local market for agrarian hardware.
POPULATION OF CHELMSFORD IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Chelmsford in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –168,922
- 2013 –169,242
- 2014 –171,633
- 2015 –171,114
- 2016 – 172,450
The population of Chelmsford in 2017 is forecasted to be 172,450 + 305 = 172,755. So, the population of Chelmsford in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 172,755.
Chelmsford Population 2017 – 172,755(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF CHELMSFORD:
As per the Census of 2001, the population involved male: 49.2%, female: 50.8%. Under 18 years of age at 22.5%, more than 60 of 19%, born abroad at 5.9%, white comprising of 96%, black 0.7%, Asian of 1.4%. Lodging assessment insights for the city involved of proprietor possessed lodging comprising of 76.5%, social hotel of 14.9%, privately rented: 6.3%, homes without private restroom comprising of 5.8%.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF CHELMSFORD:
It has a population density of 1300 persons per square kilometer. The urban area of the city has a populace of 110,000, while the region has a population of 168,310, as indicated by 2011 evaluations. The city has a standard rate of growth and it will no doubt grow at this pace for the coming years. By the beginning of the twentieth century, the city had a population of around 22,000. Besides, continued growing at a speedier rate, for the most part as a result of boundary extensions. By 1971, the number of people in the city had climbed to 58,000.
FACTS ABOUT CHELMSFORD:
- It was an agrarian and business area town; the city has been a basic spot for industry since the nineteenth century. Since the opening of the Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation in 1797, less costly transportation and rough materials made processing and malting the essential organizations until the 1850s, while growing achievement made a business opportunity for rural hardware.
- England’s first public audio broadcast was produced from here on June 15, 1920. The broadcast highlighted the singing of Australian musical drama diva, Dame Nellie Melba. It was said to have been received to distant places like Newfoundland.
- Chelmsford was at one time the capital of England for a couple days when the seat of Government was briefly moved to the town.
- Chelmsford Cathedral is the second smallest in the country, just next to Derby Cathedral.
- The BBC Essex building in New London Road is said to be spooky and haunted by a high school girl, 15 year old boy, 9 year old girl and an angry old man and an old woman.
Find Latest Chelmsford Population in 2018