Dundee is Scotland’s fourth biggest city. It exists in the eastern Lowlands on the north bank of the Firth of Tay. The city formed into a burgh in medieval times and grew quickly in the nineteenth century to a great extent because of the jute business. A special element of Dundee is that its two football clubs have stadiums just next to each other.
A £1 billion strategy to recover and to reconnect the Waterfront to the downtown area which began in 2001 is expected to be completed by a 30-year time span, with the Dundee Victoria and Albert Museum starting by 2018 at an expense of £80 million. The city along with its famous structures also boasts of some tremendous restaurants that offer different types of food and trying out them is certainly worth it. The city is also known for its unique countryside views.
POPULATION OF DUNDEE IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Dundee in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –147,600
- 2013 –147,900
- 2014 –148,060
- 2015 –148,210
- 2016 – 148,511
The population of Dundee in 2017 is forecasted to be 148,511 + 342 = 148,853. So, the population of Dundee in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 148,853.
Dundee Population 2017 – 148,853(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF DUNDEE:
The city has similarly pulled in transients from Italy, getting away starvation in the nineteenth century, Jews getting away from the Russia controlled part of allocated Poland and from German control in the twentieth. Currently, it has a decent size of ethnic population and has around 4,000 Asian people, which is the fourth greatest Asian group in the country. Dundee also has 1.0% of inhabitants from a Black Caribbean community.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF DUNDEE:
Dundee has a population density of 8541.8 persons per square kilometer. In 1801, the amount of occupants in Dundee was 26,000. By the records released, it was a broad and basic town. By 1861, the populace had rose to more than 90,000. Various Irish people arrived in Dundee in the mid 19th century, getting away from the potato starvation. According to the 2001 assessment, the city had a population of 154,674. A later population evaluation of the city has been recorded in 2012. The age group from 30 to 44 outlines the greatest segment of the population and stands at 20%. Dundee has a moderate growth rate in terms of population and is expected to grow at the same pace.
FACTS ABOUT DUNDEE:
- It is the 4th biggest city in Scotland and incorporates Broughty Ferry, which was altogether implied as the wealthiest square mile in Europe.
- The starting points of Dundee cake, a conventional Scottish nutty cake, can be followed back to Keiller’s jelly organization, who are credited with giving the cake its notable name.
- Lindsay Bowman was credited as being both an inventor and also an author. He’s recognized for advancements in a few fields including telegraphy and incandescent lighting.
- Ninewells hospital situated in Dundee is recognized as the biggest teaching hospital in Europe.
- In the year 2010, the city was chosen by the Intelligent Community Forum as the main city in Scotland to be voted as the seven smartest in the whole world.
Find Latest Dundee Population in 2018