Leicester is a city in the East Midlands of England. It lies on the River Soar and at the side of the National Forest. The related urban range is additionally the eleventh most crowded in England and the thirteenth most populated the United Kingdom. It is one of the oldest in England, with a history retreating no less than two millennia.The Iron Age settlement experienced by the Romans at the site appears to have created in the second centuries BC. The city is also well known for its biscuits and chocolates.
POPULATION OF LEICESTER IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Leicester in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –340,142
- 2013 –351,240
- 2014 –364,102
- 2015 –375,000
- 2016 – 383,300
Taking a look at the population of Leicester from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 43,158 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 8631. Hence, the population of Leicester in 2017 is forecasted to be 383,300 + 8631 = 391,931. So, the population of Leicester in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 391,931.
Leicester Population 2017 – 391,931(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF LEICESTER:
Christians were the largest religious group in 2011 at 32.4%, Muslims comprised of (18.6%), Hindus (15.2%), Buddhists (4.4%), Sikhs (0.4%) and Jews (0.1%). Moreover, 0.6% fit in with various religions, 22.8% identified with no religion and 5.6% did not respond to the inquiry. There are three element synagogues in Leicester.
According to the 2011 data reports, the city had the greatest degree of people aged 19 and under in the Eastern Midlands at about 27%.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF LEICESTER:
The population density of the city is 4,494 persons per square kilometer. In the 2011 assessment, the number of occupants in the Leicester unitary power was about 329,839, an addition of 11.8% as compared to the United Kingdom Census 2001 figure of 279,921. The Leicester Urban territory, exhibited an expected population of about 509,000. The number of people in the Leicester unitary power is intangibly higher when contrasted with that of Nottingham. Eurostat’s Larger Urban Zone recorded the quantity of people in the Leicester LUZ at 836,484 of 2011, basically over that of the East Midland neighbor.
FACTS ABOUT LEICESTER:
- In the year 1841, Thomas Cook, organizer of the popular travel organization, designed tourism when he contracted a train to convey people from Leicester to Loughborough. You can likewise travel today on the Great Central Railway.
- The first locat radio station was BBC Radio Leicester, which started in 1967. The radio show, Down to Earth has run each month from that point forward and is the longest running local radio show.
- And in addition having the most traffic lights, the city was likewise the principal city to have both traffic wardens as well as traffic lights.
- In the year 2001, the city got to be home to the National Space Center – one of the United Kingdom’s driving guest attractions. The building was made by Nicholas Grimshaw (who later surrendered a profession as a draftsman to host the Radio 1 breakfast show) and it opened to the general population on 30 June 2001.
- Leicester City FC have been delegated Premier League champions for the 2015-2016 season. Their far-fetched achievement has been hailed as a definitive case of what can be accomplished with cooperation, commitment, self-conviction, vision and no little amount of ability.
Find Latest Leicester Population in 2018