Newport is a cathedral as well as a university city in south east Wales. Newport has been a port subsequent to medieval times, when Newport Castle was made by the Normans. It outgrew Roman town of Caerleon, quickly upstream and picked up its first charter in the year 1314. Newport grew significantly in the nineteenth century, when its port turned into the center of coal fares from the eastern valleys of South Wales. Until the ascent of Cardiff from the 1850s, it was Wales’s biggest coal exporting port. Newport was the site of the last expansive scale equipped rebellion in Britain, the Newport Rising of 1839 drove by the Chartists.
Newport is the biggest urban range inside the noteworthy region of Monmouthshire and the protected district of Gwent. Newport, which incorporates some encompassing rural places and the developed territory, is represented by Newport City Council.
POPULATION OF NEWPORT IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Newport in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –146,600
- 2013 –146,950
- 2014 –147,220
- 2015 –147,570
- 2016 – 147,980
Taking a look at the population of Newport from the year 2012-16, it has been noticed that there has been an increase of 1380 in the past 5 years. Therefore, it has been seen that every year the population increases by 276. Hence, the population of Newport in 2017 is forecasted to be 147,980 + 276 = 148,256. So, the population of Newport in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 148,256.
Newport Population 2017 – 148,256(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF NEWPORT:
In the 2011 assessment registration report, 56.8% of the citizens saw themselves as Christian, 4.7% Muslim, 30.9% were non religious and 7.5% did not pick an answer. In the 2011 assessment, 89.9% depicted themselves as White, 5.5% Asian, 1.7% Black, 1.1% Mixed White/Asian and so forth.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF NEWPORT:
The population density of Newport is 738 persons per square kilometer. It has a maturing population, increase in life expectancy and abroad relocation has brought slight population growth, which is inclined to continue inside a sensible time span.
In the 2001 evaluation, the quantity of occupants in Newport was of 95.2% of nationals from a white background and 4.8% of people non-white. It has the second greatest number of people from a non-white ethnicity after Cardiff. The difference between the age structure of Newport and Wales was in the 0 to 15 year age group, which was almost 2.3% higher in Newport.
FACTS ABOUT NEWPORT:
- Newport extended quickly and transformed from a little seaport town to a standout among the most imperative spots in the nation for coal fare and steel generation amid the nineteenth century Industrial Revolution.
- The Normans additionally settled in the town and assembled a manor next to the waterway Usk in the twelfth century, the remaining parts of which can at present be seen today.
- Trade thrived and advance expansion of the docks added to Newport’s popularity. In the year 1914, the city dispatched more than 6 million tons of coal per year.
- The general population of Newport was additionally permitted to hold a yearly fair. In the medieval times a fair resembled a business sector yet it was held just once per year for a time of days. Individuals would come from different parts of Wales to trade at a Newport fair.
- The city changed totally from the end of the eighteenth century with the entry of the industrial revolution.