Nottingham is a city located in Nottinghamshire, England. The city has connections to the legend of Robin Hood, bicycle and tobacco enterprises. It was allowed its city sanction in 1897 as a feature of Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Nottingham has an amazing transport framework, including the biggest publicly claimed transport system in England and is additionally served by Nottingham railroad station and the advanced Nottingham Express Transit cable car framework. It is likewise a noteworthy sporting hotspot and in October 2015 was named as the Home of English Sport.
POPULATION OF NOTTINGHAM IN 2017:
Talking about population, in order to check out the population of Nottingham in 2017, we need to have a look at the population of the past 5 years. They are as per the following:
- 2012 –308,700
- 2013 –312,800
- 2014 –315,615
- 2015 –318,900
- 2016 – 320,800
The population of Nottingham in 2017 is forecasted to be 320,800 + 1820 = 322,620. So, the population of Nottingham in the year 2017 as per estimated data = 322,620.
Nottingham Population 2017 – 322,620(Estimated)
DEMOGRAPHY OF NOTTINGHAM:
The number of inhabitants in Nottingham is genuinely youthful, with 28% of the population somewhere around 18 and 29, contrasted with 16% broadly. 31% are about 45 years of age, contrasted with 42% nationally. This is in all probability because of the way that Nottingham has two noteworthy Universities with around 60,000 understudies.
As indicated by the last registration, 75% of the number of inhabitants in Nottingham see themselves as Christian, with different religions including Islam (0.5%), Sikh, Hindu (0.3%), Jewish (0.1%) and Buddhist (0.2%). 33% expressed they have no religion and very nearly 8% did not reply, which is the most astounding rate in the area.
POPULATION DENSITY AND GROWTH OF NOTTINGHAM:
The city has a population density of 4,073 persons per square kilometer. The earliest known population of the city was around 35 individuals in the fourth century, which became gradually to 1,500 individuals by the eleventh century. Between the end of the seventeenth century to the beginning of the nineteenth century, the city grew from 5,000 to just about 30,000 individuals. It touched 100,000 at some point up the 1870s, then 200,000 in the 1880s. Nottingham crested at 312,000 in 1961 preceding its population started a decade long decline.
The 2011 statistics found the number of inhabitants in Nottingham expanded just about 14% from the past evaluation, developing from 269,000 in 2001 to 306,000. This is one of the greatest increments in the East Midlands.
FACTS ABOUT NOTTINGHAM:
- The offspring of a Nottingham factory administrator, George Green was an experimental genius inexhaustibly regarded by Albert Einstein. He had just a year of formal training, yet his work was the beginning of advanced scientific material science.
- An innovator from the city as of late thought of an item that can dry moistness out of boots and dress.
- These days it’s truly simple to record your most loved TV shows; however the innovation is under 50 years. The primary VCR was made in Nottingham and was known as the Telcan.
- Each October, the Forest Rec is assumed control with rides and food stands for Goose Fair. With many people rushing running from over the country and assist away from home, it is effectively one of the finest things Nottingham brings to the table.
- It consists of two universities, the University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University.